Peer-to-Peer Accountability Enforcement/Periscope
- 2016-05-31 Periscope's new safety features will allow users to report, judge, and ban abusive comments (via)
The main difference between Periscope's implementation and mine is that they randomly choose people to decide, rather than letting users build up a trust network of users who vote when they feel like it. Could be less partial, but (like any randomly-chosen jury) could also be stupider.
- It's good that someone is at least trying to make use of community for policing, to remove some of the centralized bottleneck.
- I still like my idea better -- but it will be informative to see how/if this works, and what people say about it.
- It also might be a way to bridge the gap when a new network doesn't yet have enough "trust" connections to make practical use of my idea.
- It may have practical applications beyond comment-policing.