Links of interest, about which there should probably be pages on this site or possibly on ICMS:
- htyp:co-operative business and htyp:co-operative businesses - links below marked "(htyp)" have already been filed
- Post-Corporate pages at p2pWiki
- https://www.coops.tech/ - Cooperative Technologists
- wikipedia:Online deliberation
- wikipedia:Colour revolution: successful nonviolent resistance movements
- wikipedia:Committee of correspondence
- wikipedia:Symbolic violence: how existing hierarchies are maintained
- 2017-05-17 How to Set Up a Community Co-op (via)
- 2013-08-20 The Supercell Autonomous Team Model
- 2013-07-29 The Stupidity of the Crowd "New research shows that groups make worse decisions than individuals do when the choice is really obvious." Actually no, it shows that ants make bad decisions in groups; it says nothing about humans, much less humans aided by tools to enhance the accuracy of collective decisionmaking.
- 2013-06-23 State Machinery For State Machines, aka "hackers need statehood"
- 2013-05-09 (htyp) Chicago Workers Open New Cooperatively Owned Factory Five Years After Republic Windows Occupation
- 2013-04-23 We are Players in the Game of Revolution
- 2013-04-06 (htyp) Mexican Workers Win Ownership of Tire Plant With Three-Year Strike "Taking over their plant was not the workers’ idea. Continental Tire proposed to sell it to them—after the union backed management into a corner so tight the owners wanted nothing more to do with it. But to get to that point workers had to wage a three-year strike and what we in the U.S. call a “comprehensive campaign.” Workers say it was not just one tactic that won the day, but a combination of relentless pressures."
- 2013-02-19 (htyp) The Economy: Under New Ownership How cooperatives are leading the way to empowered workers and healthy communities.
- 2011-12-20 Green Bay Packers Prove That Public Ownership of Organizations is Economical "The Packers’ stocks do not gain in value, there are no dividends, and ownership can only be transferred to an immediate family member. Most importantly, there’s a 200,000 individual share limit to prevent any one person from becoming the majority owner."
- John Green's Crash Course videos:
- AllOurIdeas: an "idea marketplace" -- some resemblance to liquid agenda, but simplified
- Constitute: search the world's constitutions or browse by topic
- ProCon.org: pros and cons of controversial issues -- nonpartisan
See also: governance methods
- "The ballot box, a tawdry token of democracy, enables shrewd, effective control in the mass society, by those on top." - Howard Zinn