Stages of change/v1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- vision: there is consensus about one or more social goals
- logistics: there is a plan for achieving a subset of those goals, given adequate resources
- the plan will need to specify what resources are needed and what actions should be taken
- for example, "here is a law we could pass, if enough Congress members would vote for it"
- commitment: a number of people agree to commit effort towards implementing the plan
- provisioning: those who would implement the plan obtain the resources to do so
- ...either by convincing those in power to implement it, or by a change in regime, or by some intermediate method (e.g. electing people who favor the plan, or gathering resources by some other means)
- implementation: the plan is implemented
- survival: the plan must survive attempts to subvert or reverse it
"Consensus" in this context means that a majority find something desirable and nobody has any reasonable objections to it.